Sunday, January 25, 2009

Kids being Kids





O.K., so one of the things that I love to do is wrap gifts! I love making "cute" packages, buying fun ribbons, and sharing ideas with C.B..... SO, you can imagine my face when I went upstairs Sat. night to find Addie and her friends "wrapping" the playroom!!!! At one point, Jake came down stairs and said, "Um, Ms. Manda... I told the girls I don't think what they are doing is a good idea, but ADDIE says it's o.k!"

My lovely child and her best friend got into my wrapping stash. They proceeded to use FOUR rolls of wraphia and TWO rolls of masking tape to tape the chairs together, and bind whatever else they thought might need a touch of tape, or ribbon around it. The first thing that went through my mind was "CRAP that ribbon cost a lot!!!!" The next thing was laughter. All I could do was laugh. "Go for it girls!" They were limited those four rolls and were not to touch anything else, but I have to say they were pretty dang creative!

We had a fun weekend~ dinner with the Medlins, dinner with the Phillips and Williams, and a lazy Sunday day. Thanks Em for letting me steal your homemade oatmeal cookies!

1 comment:

The Dendy Family said...

Too funny...I too am very protective of my wrapping stash!!! I ran into the Medlins and Addie at Target Friday night. Looked as though the kids were having a ball:)