Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day





I have to say, Mother's Day is a little bittersweet for me. I can't help but think of my sweet angel that first made me a mother. Though she is not here, I am blessed to have my wonderful mother and my other fabulous daughter to celebrate. Saturday night we went to Taylor (near Oxford, MS) and had dinner at Taylor Grocery with Calvin's mom... and oh my, it was GOOD!!!! If you've never been, I suggest making a girls day out of it. It's an artsy little community with fun shops, and neat places to see. There is a Southern Living idea house there as well. Sunday my family treated me to lunch at Osaka, followed by a peaceful day and shopping with friends.

Oh, I wanted to share this little fact with all you mothers... our preacher's sermon was titled "wonderful Mothers". Did you know that women make up about 50% of the world's population, YET 75% of the world's work is done by women??? DUH....

No comments: